More Efficient and Successful Talent Selection
Searching for the ideal candidate is a lengthy and challenging process—hiring someone that possesses the job skills, interpersonal competencies, and aligns with the organization’s culture demands extensive recruitment and organizational resources and often results in a high margin of error. Technical abilities and industry experience are important factors to consider, but won’t optimize the hiring process to maximize employee retention.
High-performing employees need passion to feel satisfied and motivated, technical skills to accomplish tasks, and a high degree of self and others awareness to navigate interpersonal dynamics. These critical factors are underpinned by unique sets of behavioral traits inherent to the individual. There is no “right profile” that guarantees success, and stereotypes can be misleading.
Birkman helps companies assess the invisible yet influential drivers of performance that resumes and cover letters do not show. Our assessment measures the individual career interests, work styles, and underlying motivators that allow you to shape the interview process and make optimal hiring decisions for your organization. We help you understand perception and mindset.
The Benefits of Birkman for Talent Selection Include:
Decrease Turnover by Improving Talent Selection
- Identify the unique, underlying social expectations that each candidate requires to thrive to manage employee retention
- Discover blind spots in perception that impact performance
- Manage the stress behaviors that risk a candidate’s morale and productivity
Select Motivated Employees
- Identify the career interests and natural strengths of each candidate
- Determine whether the tasks and responsibilities within the job role align with the candidates’ occupational interests and motivators
- Improve loyalty, teamwork, and performance to increase employee retention
Hire with Intention
- Understand if a candidate’s personality is suited for the nature of the position
- Craft deliberate interview questions to ensure a candidate’s style can support or balance out current team members
- Prevent future conflict by understanding differences upfront