Developing & Enhancing Human Capital
From large corporations to start-up ventures, human capital is a key to success in all organizations.
Growth stems from developing the unique competencies, technical knowledge, and people skills that are found within teams and businesses alike. The Birkman Method develops and enhances the human capital within organizations and helps individuals realize their inner potential.
Building better insights into human capital is the driving force behind creative solutions, trusting relationships, effective processes, and action-oriented goals. The Birkman Method helps unveil these hidden qualities within leaders, employees, students, and teams.
Our scientifically developed, multi-dimensional assessment, The Birkman Method, provides personality and occupational data to help understand individuals’ unique behavior and work satisfaction across different situations and industries. The Birkman Method reaches further into personality than any other assessment, allowing for individuals to truly understand not only who they are, but why.
About The Birkman Method
The only assessment that captures underlying Needs.
Needs are what you crave from your environment and the people around you. Needs vary widely between people, and they are not observed simply from behavior.
The Birkman Method is the only assessment that measures an individual’s underlying Needs, which, when fulfilled, provide the comfort and motivation for them to be productive and satisfied in their careers and lives.
- By understanding one’s own Needs, individuals are better able to recharge, stay motivated, and avoid Stress Behavior.
- By understanding an employee’s Needs, a manager is able to provide the support to improve morale, productivity, and communication.
Examines personality and perceptions in a social context.
“No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent.” – John Donne
The Birkman Method is distinct because it taps into what an individual believes about “most people” around them, providing a unique glimpse into one’s perception of both self and others.
- Social context of a person’s behavior promotes better self-management and awareness of their own extremes relative to social norms.
- By seeing the ways others perceive the world, an individual can better respect and empathize with their colleagues.
Combines behavioral and occupational data in one assessment.
There are many factors that affect a person’s career performance and satisfaction. Just looking at motivations doesn’t give the full picture.
Through one questionnaire, Birkman can generate more than 40 reports for specific applications and solutions to your needs.
- We measure how employees relate to the people around them through their communication style, giving insights into potential gaps in an organization’s culture.
- We have data on the typical Interests, Usual Behavior, and Needs of individuals in a variety of job fields, so respondents can see how closely they match the typical personality profile of people tenured in different careers.
What We Measure
The Birkman Method measures many aspects of personality, including:
- Interests – Activities you enjoy and are motivated by in your work and personal life
- Usual Behavior – Your effective and productive behavioral style for tasks and relationships
- Needs – How you need to be or expect to be treated by other people and your environment
- Stress Behavior – Your ineffective and unproductive behavioral style when your Needs are unmet
- Career Data – 22 job families, 200+ unique job titles (linked to O*Net)
Features of The Birkman Method
Through a combination of features including colors, symbols, quadrants, and scales, The Birkman Method interprets complex personality traits through a simple, visual, and memorable format. Features of the Birkman Method questionnaire include:
• Online Assessment
• 298 questions (250 true-false, 48 multi-choice questions)
• 30 minutes (average time to complete)
• Results available immediately after completion
• Questionnaire translated into over 20 languages
Choose Your Level of Reporting
Birkman has reporting levels of varying depth to fit your needs.
Birkman reports can be run for individual respondents, as well as one-to-one comparisons and group reporting. Our pair and group reporting options enable you to more easily discover strengths to leverage and potential areas of conflict between individuals and teams.
Birkman on Demand
For an easily self-interpreted solution, Birkman on Demand distills some of the most popular Birkman information into a text-only report that is quickly absorbed. Best for fast team building sessions and for introducing the use of personality assessments within an organization, Birkman on Demand is a limited yet meaningful look at The Birkman Method questionnaire results.
Birkman Basics Suite
If you’re wanting a robust first step into the world of Birkman, the Birkman Basics Suite is a moderate level of reporting produced in a self-interpretive format. It features an introductory overview of the data featured in the Birkman Signature Suite, including the Career Management Report and Life Style Grid. Great for team building workshops, talent selection, career exploration/coaching, and many other applications.
Birkman Signature Suite
The Birkman Signature Suite is an all-access pass to Birkman reports. If you’re ready to dive into the deep end, the Birkman Signature Suite will provide you with the full 40 advanced reporting options and the complete array of insights. Due to their depth, interpretation of Birkman Signature Suite reports must be completed by a Birkman Certified Consultant – we can either connect you an independent consultant or we can certify individuals within your team. Excellent for leadership development, in-depth team building, and cultivating a higher level of self-knowledge.
Find a Consultant
Let us connect you with a Birkman Certified Consultant
Using The Birkman Method Develop Emotionally Intelligent Leaders in MBA Candidates