Two Steps to Convince Your Boss That You Should Attend Birkman Conference – Connect: Vision 20/20
Birkman Conferences bring together professionals who are passionate about people and performance. Everyone who attends a Birkman Conference leaves inspired to make a positive change in their organization’s culture to empower the drivers of success: your people. If that’s not enough, you’ll also receive SHRM and Birkman Learning Credits for attending Conference.
To win your boss’s approval, we’ve put together simple steps to make sure you can attend Birkman Conference 2020!
Step 1: Prepare in Advance and Understand the Benefits
- Familiarize yourself with the speakers of each session. Understand which sessions are beneficial to your organization and department.
- Download and customize this letter to send to your boss. You can include the top sessions you would like to attend and the takeaways from each session.
- Be prepared to speak about the benefits of attending this conference, including SHRM credits.
Step 2: Choose the Right Time to Ask Your Boss
- Make your case: schedule a meeting with your manager at a convenient time.
- Explain that the bottom line of your company depends on the engagement of your employees. Birkman Conference 2020 will inspire new ways for you to boost morale, which in turn will increase productivity (positive ROI).
- Share the sessions you plan to attend, along with the benefits for yourself and your organization and provide an estimated cost breakdown of the conference by using the customized letter template in Step 1.